Buy Meat Sticks & Support Vermont’s Kids
At Vermont Smoke & Cure, giving back to our community is crucial to our mission, whether it’s supporting our agricultural community through our Farmer’s Services program or giving back to local community organizations we strongly believe in. A few weeks ago, we met the awesome kids and staff of the Sara Holbrook Community Center (SHCC) in Burlington, VT. We played, shared snacks, and got a chance to see how integral the Sara Holbrook Community Center is to the kids that spend after-school hours there.
SHCC’s mission is to support the development of responsible and productive children, youth and families through social, educational and recreational opportunities. However, as the center stands now, it can’t fully meet the growing needs of the Burlington, Vermont community.
SHCC is in the final stages of a capital campaign to raise the funds necessary to expand the center. Donations will be used to increase the capacity of the center, enabling the following improvements and new services:
- Create a true outdoor playground (the current playground is in the driveway)
- Create a safer driveway and drop off area
- Add a year-round gymnasium, art room and teaching kitchen
- Respond to childcare needs by expanding their 5 STAR preschool from part-day to full-day
- Expand their 5 STAR elementary after-school program by more than 20 students
- Structurally improve the current facility and their environmental impact and add a reception area equipped with a security system
How can you help? This holiday season, when you stock up on VS&C goodies you can feel good knowing that a portion of sales —when you use the code SHCC— will be donated to the Sara Holbrook Community Center. Using coupon code SHCC will take 10% off your ENTIRE order, so you can save on holiday essentials and know a portion of your sales is helping the community.
If you’d like to donate directly to the Sara Holbrook center, visit their website.Back to Blog