At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we’ve been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats and meat snacks since 1962. We use humanely raised meats, whenever possible, and simple, local ingredients like Vermont maple syrup and apple cider, combined with the highest quality spices and herbs like tamarind and quarter crack pepper.
Our team of employee-owners makes everything in our smokehouse right here in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves on being a good neighbor and valuable partner to our local farmers. This is simply the way we do business – and the beauty is, it all combines to create the finest flavor in every bite.
Come make our Sticks that are selling all over the country.
- Learn and follow Safe Quality Food (SQF) Good Manufacturing Practices, personnel safety and business guidelines.
- General and specific responsibilities for Vermont Smoke and Cure Food Safety and Food Quality Systems and Programs
- Hold non-conforming product and equipment.
- Follow QMS standards, policies and procedures
- Provide coverage in the absence of other Production Team Members, as directed by Room Leads or Production Supervisors.
- Comply with all company rules and procedures.
- Learn from production leaders and follow directions.
- Work as part of a team and under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisors and/or Room Leaders, with fresh and/or cooked meats to transform them from raw meat into delicious cooked and smoked meats.
- Usage of machinery to produce our fine product including grinds, mixes, stuffs, smokes, cooks, slices, packages and boxes.
- Other production tasks as directed by Room Leaders or Production Supervisors.
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently.
- Strong work ethic.
- Builds trusting relationships with team members; can be counted on.
- Some experience working in a production environment, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Able to lift up to 60lbs., and/or 25lbs repeatedly.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand during full shift.
- Work in 38-degree F and often wet environment.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Visual ability to discern quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to follow food safety and workplace safety requirements.
Reports to: Supervisor and Room Lead.
Waterproof boots and smocks will be provided as needed.
Full-time position. Standard hours of work are 6:00am to 4:30pm.
Vermont Smoke and Cure provides health, dental and vision benefits in addition to life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off and paid holidays also provided.
We are proud to be certified as a B Corporation! Vermont Smoke & Cure employees and teams are committed to social and environmental goals which are determined on a yearly basis. Goals for 2018 include targets for reducing intensity of energy use, solid waste generation and water use.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.